Client: Taylors Wines Pty Ltd, Auburn, South Australia
Seed director Andy Chambers has been advising Taylors Wines in the Clare Valley for over 15 years, assisting them with sustainable winegrape growing and wine production.
Work has involved a range of activities including:
• Implementation of an ISO AS/NZS 14001:2004 certified Environmental Management System (EMS)
• Preparation of an Irrigation Salinity Management Plan
• Input in to the company’s first sustainability report
• Development of integrated NRM and revegetation strategies
• Investigations into energy efficient pumping of water for irrigation
• Management of water licences
• Interaction with local community NRM projects
Taylors Wines has consistently demonstrated its environmental credentials as a consequence of this work, having won a range of national and regional environment and sustainability awards.